How to... Get Your Travel Insurance Claims Paid
- Time: money losses should be reported to police within 24 hours. Other claims, such as theft of property should be notified to the insurance company as soon as possible.
- Extra expenses: if you travel against medical advice you won't be covered for any extra expenses you incur
- Seek medical advice: it's very important to seek medical advice in the country you're in, even if its for a minor injury - don't book a flight home to see a doctor as this may not be covered!
- Accessing important information: most travel insurers issue emergency assistance cards. Distribute to all relevant employees as soon as possible. If you have an internal intranet, post the details on there or include details with travel documents.
- Emergency call: when contacting an emergency provider, make sure you have the following information to hand
- Name of the person
- Policy number
- Contact details of the person concerned
- The address where they are located
- Nature of the emergency or the assistance required
- Employer’s name
“La Playa: Insurance with Intelligence. Passionate. Discerning. Independent.”