Motor Portfolio Policies
If you own several vehicles, a great way to insure them is to wrap them up with your home insurance on a Portfolio Policy. We can look after your family cars, high performance and classic motors, motorbikes – and your kids’ vehicles too, while they’re still registered at your address.
Motor insurance claims can be the biggest headache of all – but on a Portfolio Policy, it’s like flying Club Class. And for “no-fault” claims (fire, theft, vandalism), there’s no penalty on your next premium.
Ann S, Private Client
A client’s Aston Martin DB6, inherited from his father, was insured for £100,000. On the way to a family event the DB6 was hit and damaged extensively. The insurer chauffeured the client and his wife to the event, then took the car to his preferred garage.
Repairs were estimated at £110,000. Most insurers deem a car a write-off if repairs cost over 60% of its value. With a Portfolio Policy the client could choose a £100,000 cash payment – but because of the sentimental value he chose repair.
The insurer paid over the Agreed Value and charged no excess as it was a total loss. The car was returned in 6 weeks in perfect order.
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel