How much do you spend during a week’s holiday? Imagine the cost if you had 52 weeks' holiday every year! What sort of lifestyle do you envisage after retirement?
Great changes lie ahead in the world of pensions and this affects your retirement planning. The government is committed to individuals making private pension provisions and not relying on the state (see our article on the 2012 Pension Changes). How will this affect you?
La Playa can advise on both personal and company pension schemes and make recommendations as to which insurance companies and funds are most appropriate to suit your circumstances. We can also help with the various choices you have to make when you come to take your pension.
Talk to us about structuring your financial plans for your retirement.
Perhaps the most important question when you have accumulated your pension wealth is "What's the best way for me to take an income?"
The rules around taking the benefits from your pension have relaxed over the past few years, giving much more flexibility as to how and when they are taken.
Planning for future changes in your circumstances is as important at this stage as ever. Contact us about retirement income planning in the context of the changing pensions landscape.
Self-Invested Pension Plans (SIPPs) work well for people who prefer to have more control of the underlying investments of their pension assets. Unlike the PP/SHP, a SIPP can invest directly into shares, commercial property - even art & antiques.
A SIPP is the tax wrapper that fits around the investments, but gives the freedom for the individual to diversify their assets between a multitude of different investment vehicles.
Talk to us about how a SIPP might work for you.
Many of us are familiar with Personal Pensions - either through group arrangements offered by employers, or it may be something you've considered taking out yourself.
A Personal Pension is a tax-efficient, long-term savings plan that allows you to build up a pot of money to provide an income in retirement. You can decide how much is paid in, where your money is invested and, sometimes, who is managing the scheme.
A Stakeholder Pension is similar to a Personal Pension, but with slightly fewer options and fixed charges.
Talk to us about which pension plan might work best for you.
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel