What does Private Health Care/Medical Insurance do?
If you get ill, private health care/medical insurance can pay for certain medical consultations, treatment and surgery, so that you don’t need to rely on the NHS. As well as providing a safety net and peace of mind, it can also give you more choice as to where you’re seen and by whom; clean, modern hospitals; private rooms; and access to advanced cancer drugs that aren’t universally available through the NHS.
Let’s talk through your personal requirements, motivations and budget to find the right ‘fit’ for you. Our independent status means we can analyse the whole market place to source the most appropriate and cost-effective solution, and help you reach an informed decision that’s right for you and yours.
Our private health care policies can protect individuals, families and businesses, both in the UK and abroad. Private medical insurance or health care is quite a complex product – it’s best to get specialist advice. Talk to us about how this might work for you – and let’s keep talking as your needs change.
3 Tips on Buying Private Health Care/Medical Insurance
If you’re new to private medical insurance, start by reading the Association of British Insurers' guide Are You Buying Private Medical Insurance?
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel