Good risk management is vital.
Listed buildings are particularly susceptible to fire and theft, but steps can be taken to reduce these risks. Since faulty electrical wiring and appliances cause most fires, an inspection by a suitably qualified registered electrician on a five yearly basis is recommended.
Security measures should be taken to dissuade forced entry, which often leads to arson. However, all loss control provisions must be carefully designed so as not to compromise or damage the historic fabric or integrity of the building.
Holiday Home Security Fears
Security against burglary is the number one concern for overseas home owners according to Hiscox – followed by issues with local bureaucracy and damage caused by rental clients. While Hiscox agrees that nearly 25% of claims on overseas property relate to burglary, it also highlights the importance of liability cover against a guest having an accident at the property - which could involve expensive litigation and compensation.
While Spain remains the most popular destination, many Britons are looking as far afield as Dubai and Egypt. Wherever you choose your holiday home, you need to know your investment is properly protected: local insurance policies may carry exclusions on burglary from vacant property or accidental damage, or inadequate personal liability levels; and claims support teams may not always be fluent in English.
La Playa provides full cover for overseas property – on your existing home policy if you prefer. Without the worries of small-print and language barriers, you can relax and enjoy the sunset with a G&T!
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel