We strive to do business in a more enlightened way, where we take responsibility for the impact of our business on society and the environment. We're trying to do the right thing when it comes to...
Our people have skills and energy that can make a real difference to the communities we’re based in. By working alongside local charities, schools and not-for-profit groups, we’re able to focus our efforts and resources for the greatest impact. Our “My Big Idea” inventing competition for local schools has funded new IT equipment for several primary schools and we give a day a year for all staff to do charitable work, as well as time off to give blood.
We try to use fairly traded products in our office kitchens. We support a range of charities through our feedback forms system, Christmas email, and donations for group and individual fundraising events. Staff across the firm are also enthusiastic fundraisers.
La Playa’s direct environmental impact comes mainly from our use of energy and the emissions and waste we generate at our premises. Insurance has traditionally been a very paper-reliant industry, but we’ve taken significant steps to improve our environmental performance:
We aim to employ the best people in the business. Their talent and dedication are what make our growing business so successful. We offer a competitive reward package and a supportive environment in which they can enjoy their work and reach their full potential. That involves recognising that employees have lives outside work, and giving them opportunities to work flexibly where possible. ‘Birthday Tea’ means staff go home at 3pm on their birthday to celebrate with friends and family. We provide fresh fruit and great coffee for employees.
We support Cleantech business clients with risk management and insurance programmes for their innovations in environmental custodianship, and promote ethical and green investment for our financial management clients.
We recruit and promote people only on merit, regardless of race, gender, religion, marital status, sexuality, disability or age.
Rewards & Benefits
We reward excellent performance with an excellent reward package consisting of salary, bonus and benefits.
Training & Development
Employing the best people requires a commitment by the company to giving them every opportunity to fulfil their potential through learning and development. Each individual’s training needs are reviewed twice a year along with performance against clearly set objectives.
Communication & Participation
For employees to do their best, they must understand the business and their role in it. For this, communication is essential. We try to keep employees up to date with the business through formal briefings and team meetings as well as more informal means. Managers take these opportunities to listen to employees and involve them in the development of the business. We also have regular social events including barbecues and a picnic for employees’ families.
It’s the culture at La Playa that sets us apart. We value quality, integrity, excellence, respect and fun. We believe if people enjoy what they do, they will do it well. And vice versa. One of the philosophies behind the company name (La Playa = “the beach” in Spanish) is “Life’s a Beach”.
In the way we deal with clients, we are committed to professional integrity, treating customers fairly, and maintaining true independence to achieve the best possible result for our clients.
We try to maintain a balance between maintaining high standards of governance and compliance with FSA regulation, and a degree of innovation, responsiveness and fleetness of foot.
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel