Theatre & Dance Companies Insurance
As a theatre or dance company, you can get general business cover from any insurer. But there are good reasons for working with a specialist broker who knows how the industry works and can provide specialist insurance.
The performing arts, by nature, involve some major implications for insurance, and many non-specialist insurers have fixed (and inaccurate) ideas about the industry. They often charge high premiums to protect themselves against the perceived high costs of cancellation, temperamental artists, unsociable hours, high-risk activities.
That's why we've designed Performing Arts Portfolio, a specialist insurance policy for the unique risk exposures encountered by arts organisations. Performing Arts Portfolio is exclusively available through La Playa, and is underwritten by global giant Chubb Insurance.
Performing Arts Portfolio helps avoid expensive duplications by covering many risks under a single policy, including:
- Property: computers, sheet music, audio visual equipment, offices, props, stock and musical instruments
- Business Interruption: protects income streams during physical and technological disruptions (fire, flood, power & telecommunications failure, prevention of access to venue, failure of safety curtain and lighting)
- Public, Product & Employers' Liabilities: compensation payments arising from damage to third party property or personal injury (audiences and venues)
- Money: box office income, per diems, merchandise cash
- Travel & Touring: trip cancellation, medical expenses, passport replacement, loss of baggage
We can also arrange:
- Cancellation Insurance: cover against financial loss as a result of cancellation, abandonment, postponement or re-scheduling of an event.
- Professional Liabilities: helping to defend you against allegations of libel, slander, infringement of copyright, breach of confidentiality
- Directors & Officers Liability/Trustee Liability Insurance: protecting your decision makers against allegations of mismanagement of the organisation
Tracey McCreath ACII
Director, Media, Arts & Entertainment
|Talk to me on
Performing Arts Portfolio
“Very impressed with La Playa and the staff. Feel as though they understand the company and the needs! Staff are always very quick to pick up any inquiries that are made and respond quickly, always giving us the support that we need. Thank you!”
Jodie M, Managing Director, Theatre Company