Welcome to La Playa Private Client. We can take care of all your personal insurance - homes (period, listed and modern buildings), vehicles, yachts and motorboats, aviation, wine collections, antiques, jewellery and fine art, on a worldwide basis.
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team brings a 'joined-up' approach with financial protection, planning and investment advice.
Amid the increasingly impersonal and automated world of large insurance corporations, La Playa provides refreshingly boutique-style service, and individual advice and cover based on an in-depth understanding of your specific situation. We can advise on the best policies available and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind.
As an independent broker we have access to excellent terms with high net worth insurers including AIG, Chubb, Hiscox, Sterling and Oak Underwriting. Whether you’re insuring a listed building, art and antiques, a pleasure boat or treasured jewellery collection, we'll ensure your assets have the best protection so that you can enjoy them to the full. Our portfolio policies mean you can insure homes, cars, boats/yachts and valuables on a single policy - saving time and streamlining costs.
Did you know you can reduce your premium by:
- Higher excesses? Share the risk and pay less premium.
- Better risk management? A good broker will help you with security advice to secure better rates from insurers.
- A Portfolio Policy? Insure homes, cars and boats all on a SINGLE policy, saving time and money: the insurer sees the package as a better risk proposition.
- Separating out your art and antiques from general contents? They normally cost less to insure…
- True tailoring of your policy? If you only actually wear 30% of your jewellery collection, why pay to insure all of it worldwide for all risks?
Why not give us a ring? No call centres - just pick up the phone and talk to a real person who really knows their stuff. Or email us, whichever you prefer.
Read our Private Client Brochure>>
Why do I need a specialist insurance policy? >>
Why Choose La Playa Private Client?
La Playa’s offering is very different from the mass market home insurance companies that you see clamouring to beat each others’ “discounts” on television.
If price is the only factor governing your choice of insurer and you have the time to shop around, you might prefer a “no-frills” policy from the high street or internet. However, if your assets are more substantial or complex, and your property is valued at £350,000 or more, we’d advise you to opt for a specialist policy that more closely reflects your needs. At this level La Playa offers competitive insurance solutions – and a level of service that will save you a great deal of valuable time.
We’ll take time to tailor cover for your specific insurance needs and give you the advice you need to protect your home and assets.
Why use a broker?
As a specialist broker, we believe we really earn our commission. Unlike the automated “computer says no” approach of some vast corporations, we give you real time from a real person with real expertise – which yields tangible benefits. Paying for an insurance policy that doesn’t live up to its promises is just money down the drain.
- Time saving: you can spend hours online searching for insurance – but often you’re comparing apples with oranges. Wouldn’t you rather talk to someone who understands your needs and can take the stress out of buying insurance? Using La Playa to seek out the most appropriate policy for you can save lots of time. We’ll also help you connect with advice on security, fire safety, valuations, surveyors, reinstatement value and art/antiques/jewellery collections.
- Expert advice: by helping you manage your risks better, we can often secure better premium rates. We can also advise on the sums you need to insure – a good broker should have a sound knowledge of changing trends and values in the art and antiques market, for example. As well as making sure you have comprehensive cover, individual advice could help reduce your premium – for example, if gold prices drop, you shouldn’t pay as much to insure your gold jewellery. Conversely, if your period property is insured for its market value, this may not be enough to cover the cost of specialist craftsmen and authentic materials you’d need to reinstate it after a loss.
- Knowledge of the market: we scrutinise home insurance policies every day, checking for small-print exclusions that could cause a problem and penny-pinching shortcuts that some policies carry. We know which policies really hold water and know those insurers who can really deliver on the service they promise.
- Understanding your needs: we’ll take time to talk through your lifestyle and priorities – for example, if you only wear 30% of your jewellery collection, why pay to insure 100% being out of the safe?
Advice you can trust from an expert who understands you:
- Specialist insurance & investment products
- Independent professional advice
- Relationship-based service: your advocate when you make a claim
- “Can do” culture
- Seamless insurance across UK and US
To find out more, please fill in the Contact Form below or email our specialist adviser Mike Taylor-West.
Mike Taylor-West ACII
Director, Private Client and Marine
Windsurfing, skiing + sailing
|Talk to me on
0207 868 4726
|Download my contact details vcard|
La Playa Private Client Brochure
“We have had two burglaries recently. The main loss of jewellery wasn't specifically insured through an oversight. Mike Cullen did a brilliant negotiation on our behalf.”
George A, Private Client